Saturday 4 May 2013

Five Fave Blogs!

Morning everyone! It's Saturday, day 4 of Blog Every Day in May! Today's topic is Five Fave Blogs and we are meant to talk about 5 blogs we love, and why.

I thought this topic was going to be easy but I was so wrong! I read so many blogs and they are all awesome in their own way. It was SO hard to narrow them down to five! To make it easier, I decided just to pick beauty blogs as that's what I read most of, and because Glitter Mountain is primarily a beauty blog too ^_^

So here they are, in no particular order:
First up is Tartofraises. This blog is actually the main reason I got interested in nail polish in the first place, and also inspired me to try and grow my nails long for the first time. Ophelie, who has the kind of nails I'd kill for, reviews polish, but also does the most stunning nail art I have ever seen, bar none. There are beautiful, clear photos and also video tutorials if you would like to reproduce the nail art on your own nails! Tartofraises is written in French, but don't let that stop you visiting if you don't speak French already - most browsers have an option to translate into other languages, or else you can use Google Translate :)

Next is Scrangie. This lovely lady has a bajillion followers, and for good reason. She has just about every swatch of every polish you're ever going to need, and tons of reviews of other make up products too. Her pictures are clear, accurate and awesome, and she pulls no punches: if she doesn't like something, she isn't afraid to say so. This is the first blog I go to when I want to find a swatch of any colour and I only look elsewhere if she doesn't have it!
The next blog on my list is Do My Hands Look Fat in This?, a blog owned by a very good friend of mine, fellow polish addict, Dutch ex-pat and all round sweetheart Hilde. I have passed many hours discussing polish with her when I should have been working (oops) and I have lost count of the number of times I've been feeling down about something, only for the postie to turn up with a care package of nail polish from Hilde - just to make me smile. She doesn't have many followers yet but she deserves more!
Fourth is Nina's Bargain Beauty. Nina is a mum of 5 who lives in Ireland and blogs about all sorts of beauty products in her spare time. I absolutely love this blog and check it every single day. I love her writing style, she is so open, honest and enthusiastic about everything (how she has that much energy with 5 kids underfoot I will never know!) and reading her posts makes me feel more like I'm having a chat over a nice cup of tea with a good friend than just reading someone's blog. I also love that the products she talks about are affordable - luxury items are lovely, but there's only so much time I want to spend reading about things I can probably never have!
Last but not least is Indian Vanity Case. I have very hooded eyelids which make it very difficult to wear eyeshadow and still look good - as soon as I open my eyes, my lids pretty much disappear and you can't tell I'm wearing anything! Cynthia has similar eyelids to mine and quite frankly amazing skillz when it comes to eyeshadow, so all of her tutorials are perfect as far as I'm concerned. She also has a similar skintone to me so I love to read her make up reviews - mostly because if it looks good on her, it'll look good on me too!

How about you? What are your favourite blogs?

2 comments:

  1. Some great blogs in your selection, I'd never heard of any of them so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete