Friday 22 July 2011

Miss Sporty: Clubbing Colours 320 (Pop Fiction)

Today's NOTD is Miss Sporty's Pop Fiction, from the Clubbing Colours collection.


Miss Sporty is one of those surprise drugstore brands with polish that costs very little, but turns out to actually be rather good indeed. I'm far from a drugstore snob; if it does a good job and doesn't cost much, then so much the better!

There are several types of polish in the Miss Sporty range; Clubbing Colours is their quick dry version and is available in a range of vibrant and cheerful shades. Pop Fiction (the bottle doesn't have a name; it just says 320, but the shelf and the website both claim otherwise!) is a glorious cobalt blue, very bright and rich with a slight periwinkle tone to it that I couldn't seem to capture with my camera. 

A creme, it dries fast despite its quite thick formula, needs only two coats, and has a decent, rounded brush that reminds me of a smaller version of the Rimmel Lycra Pro maxi brush - ie. it makes application fast, easy and practically mistake free.

Wear was okay - two coats had some tip wear after one day, but that was without top coat and with a lot of typing. And I got a lot of comments on this colour! It's very eye catching and pretty; I'll definitely be wearing this colour again.

4 comments:

  1. I just have to tell you that I LOVE the shape of your nails! This is a great color & it looks beautiful on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! That's such a nice thing to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's such a perfect blue color! I would definitely buy it if it would be sold here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that sometimes cheaper drug store polishes turn out to be pretty darn good!

    Hope you had a good birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete